government spending, Green New Deal, JCT, nonpartisan Joint Committee on Taxation, Senate Finance Committee, tax and spend, tax increase, tax reform, taxation, U.S. Senate Finance Committee, wasteful spending
“JCT: Democrats’ Proposals Increase Taxes on Millions of Americans
Millions of Americans making less than $400,000 per year would see tax hike
Washington, D.C.–The nonpartisan Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) estimates the Democrats’ latest reckless tax-and-spend proposal will increase taxes on millions of Americans across every income bracket, with more than half of the tax increases on Americans making less than $400,000 per year. https://www.finance.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/jct_distributional_effects_inflation_reduction_act.pdf
“While Republicans’ pro-growth tax reform in 2017 reduced tax rates for all Americans in a way that increased the progressivity of the tax code and produced historic gains in job and wage growth, the Democrats’ approach to tax reform means increasing taxes on low- and middle-income Americans to fund their partisan Green New Deal,” said U.S. Senate Finance Committee Ranking Member Mike Crapo (R-Idaho), who requested the analysis.
“Americans are already experiencing the consequences of Democrats’ reckless economic policies. The mislabeled ‘Inflation Reduction Act’ will do nothing to bring the economy out of stagnation and recession, but it will raise billions of dollars in taxes on Americans making less than $400,000.”
According to JCT:
* In 2023, taxes will increase by $16.7 billion on American taxpayers earning less than $200,000—a nearly $17 billion tax targeted solidly at low- and middle-income earners next year, amidst stagflation.
* The $17 billion hit alone is confirmation that the Biden pledge to not raise taxes on anyone earning less than $400,000 is shattered by the latest tax-and-spend bill.
* The proposal would raise another $14.1 billion from taxpayers earning between $200,000 and $500,000.
* According to JCT data, 98 percent of all tax returns filed by those in the $200,000 to $500,000 category are filed by those earning between $200,000 and $400,000, with at least three-fourths of the income in the $200,000 to $500,000 category also coming from those below $400,000, meaning it is likely that at least half of all new tax revenue raised next year would come from those earning under $400,000.
* Throughout the ten-year window, the average tax rate for nearly every single income category would increase.
* By 2031, when the new green energy credits and subsidies provide an even greater benefit to those at higher incomes, those earning below $400,000 are projected to bear as much as two-thirds of the burden of the additional tax revenue collected that year.
“The more this bill is analyzed by impartial experts, the more we can see Democrats are trying to sell the American people a bill of goods,” Crapo continued.
“Non-partisan analysts are confirming this bill raises taxes on the middle class and produces no meaningful deficit reduction when gimmicks are removed and the full cost is accounted for. It’s no wonder this bill, which was drafted behind closed doors, is being rushed through the Senate at record pace.”” https://budgetmodel.wharton.upenn.edu/issues/2022/7/29/inflation-reduction-act-preliminary-estimates
To view JCT’s distributional analysis, click here. To view JCT’s revenue table, click here. https://www.finance.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/jct_distributional_effects_inflation_reduction_act.pdf
Following Pelosi’s lead, the ostensible US Congress has already approved the expenditure of multi-trillion dollar bills, under mislabeled bill titles of Covid and Infrastructure, with the truth hidden in texts of over one thousand pages each. Much of the wasteful spending was spread over multiple years and some of the appropriations could still be cancelled with some effort by Congress and pressure put upon Congress. They included, for instance, cannabis banking (for marijuana growers), money for universities, even though they saved money through online courses and professional jobs are going to H1B and J-1 visa holding foreigners, anyway, The so-called infrastructure bill even included at least one dead-end road to no-where, which will worsen traffic and was opposed by the relevant US Senator.
As much as possible of these previous multi-trillion dollar appropriations need to be cancelled. If not, it will be paid for in some way – by higher taxes, by reduced services, by bankruptcy, which will lead to cancellation of all social services anyway to pay back the debt. As social security is a large part of the budget, the future looks bleak for seniors, if the wasteful spending appropriations aren’t cancelled. Concerned seniors need to be going through the old legislation with a fine tooth comb to see what can be done.
Also, stop spreading Kremlin/pro-Russia/pro-Putin propaganda and that will save military and aid spending over time, and lives. If you still haven’t figured out that it was wrong for Russia to invade Ukraine, period, there’s a problem. For instance, it should now be clear to everyone that Tucker Carlson is de facto acting on behalf of the Kremlin, whether by stupidity, ideology, $ or for whatever other reasons. The Kremlin propagandists pull people in with legitimate concerns, but spins things in the Kremlin’s favor. Everyone should be concerned about the inadequately tested Covid-19 vaccines. Nonetheless, most anti-vaccine sites flipped to support of Russia’s invasion on February 24th. These sites falsely presented themselves as health sites. They didn’t criticize the Russian vaccines, which were less well tested, and which are at least as dangerous, and are similar to Astra-Zeneca/J&J.
Dems Plan To Tax Middle-Class Americans For An Electric Vehicle Spending Spree That Will Benefit Wealthy Car Buyers, And Auto Companies, Goosed By Fake Green New Deal Government Mandates; Lithium Mining Isn’t Green