air defense systems, air strikes, amphibious assault, Belarus, Black Sea, Crimea, cyber-attacks, eastern Europe, Germany, intelligence, Ivano-Frankivsk, Kyiv, Lutsk, Mariupol, military, missile strikes, NATO, Poland, Polish border, Putin nuclear threat, Putin threatens use of nuclear weapons on battlefield, Romania, Russian invasion, Russian invasion timeline, Slovakia, Ukraine, US Senate Intelligence, US Senator Rubio, Vinnytsia, Western Europe
These tweets were from 10.29 am DC-Florida time, which was 5.29 pm in Kiev, Ukraine. It’s important to note this warning, since NATO members are supposed to help defend other NATO members: “Russia has launched several attacks on Ivano-Frankivsk, Vinnytsia & Lutsk, cities very close to #Ukraine’s borders with NATO countries Romania, Poland & Slovakia. Just one mistake, miscalculation or misunderstanding could set off a broader & catastrophic conflict“ (US Senator Rubio, Feb. 24, 2022). This is the cost of Europe driving SUVs and big cars in its tiny walkable towns and overheating its homes and businesses. It’s also the price of so many North Americans refusing to voice support for Ukraine, which would have cost them nothing, and might have stopped this brazen assault. Western Europe, especially Germany, deserves to be crushed by Putin. But, by all appearances, Putin is German and works for Germany or vice versa, so that probably won’t happen. Meanwhile, it’s Eastern Europe who is unfairly on the frontline, and will suffer, once again, for the sins of Russia loving Western Europe. Russia, known for its anti-Jewish pograms, accuses Ukraine’s Russian-speaking Jewish President of being/supporting Nazis.
Thursday morning (DC-Florida) 10:29 am Tweet series from US Senator Marco Rubio, who is the Republican Vice Chair of the US Senate Intelligence Committee:
1. #Russia’s invasion has already taken longer & been costlier than #Putin expected. Almost certain his military & intel leaders knew this ahead of time but no one dared tell him his expectations were unrealistic (1of5)
10:29 AM · Feb 24, 2022
Marco Rubio Replying to @marcorubio
2. #Russia has launched several attacks on Ivano-Frankivsk, Vinnytsia & Lutsk, cities very close to #Ukraine’s borders with NATO countries Romania,Poland & Slovakia. Just one mistake,miscalculation or misunderstanding could set off a broader & catastrophic conflict (2of5)
3. #Russia is carrying out deliberate strikes on civilian targets. The purpose is to demoralize the population & diminish the will to resist. (3of5)
4. #Russia has 3 objectives over the next 72 hours
-encircle & cut off #Ukraine forces in the east
-deny Ukraine the ability to resupply via airports and the Black Sea
– Set the stage to install a pro-Russian interim government in #Kyiv (4of5)
5. #Putin nuclear threat last night was not a surprise.
For years now #Russia’s military doctrine in a war against NATO calls for the use of battlefield nuclear weapons in order to “escalate to deescalate” & force a negotiated ceasefire. (5of5)“ https://twitter.com/marcorubio
SEE TWEET UPDATES EMBEDDED BELOW. YOU CAN SCROLL TO LOOK AT THE TWEETS, IF YOU DON’T HAVE TWITTER OR DON’T WANT TO LOG-IN. IT USED TO BE POSSIBLE TO READ OLD TWEETS GOING BACK MONTHS, BUT NOW TWITTER SEEMS TO ONLY WANT PEOPLE TO READ A TWEET OR TWO, UNLESS IT’S EMBEDDED.