Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart muscle. Pericarditis is inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart.
In the EU Comirnaty is Pfizer-BioNTech and Spikevax is Moderna. Is the EU having more protests because of the horrid names they have given the vaccines? Spikevax and Comirnaty sound awful in any language.
US “CDC: Myocarditis and Pericarditis Following mRNA COVID-19 Vaccination
Updated June 23, 2021
What You Need to Know
* More than 177 million people have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine in the United States, and CDC continues to monitor the safety of COVID-19 vaccines for any health problems that happen after vaccination.
* Since April 2021, there have been more than a thousand reports to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) of cases of inflammation of the heart—called myocarditis and pericarditis—happening after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (i.e., Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna) in the United States.
* These reports are rare, given the hundreds of millions of vaccine doses administered, and have been reported after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination, particularly in adolescents and young adults.
* CDC and its partners are actively monitoring these reports, by reviewing data and medical records, to learn more about what happened and to understand any relationship to COVID-19 vaccination.
* Most patients who received care responded well to treatment and rest and quickly felt better.
* Confirmed cases have occurred:
* Mostly in male adolescents and young adults age 16 years or older
* More often after getting the second dose than after the first dose of one of these two mRNA COVID-19 vaccines
* Typically within several days after COVID-19 vaccination
* Patients can usually return to their normal daily activities after their symptoms improve. They should speak with their doctor about return to exercise or sports.
* CDC continues to recommend COVID-19 vaccination for everyone 12 years of age and older, given the risk of COVID-19 illness and related, possibly severe complications…
* More information will be shared as it becomes available.
Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart muscle, and pericarditis is inflammation of the outer lining of the heart. In both cases, the body’s immune system causes inflammation in response to an infection or some other trigger. Learn more about myocarditis and pericarditis: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/heart-inflammation
What Myocarditis/Pericarditis Symptoms Should I Be on the Lookout for after mRNA COVID-19 Vaccination?
Be on the lookout for any of the following symptoms:
* Chest pain
* Shortness of breath
* Feelings of having a fast-beating, fluttering, or pounding heart
Seek medical care if you think you or your child have any of these symptoms within a week after COVID-19 vaccination.
If you have any health problems after vaccination, report them to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System
Last Updated June 23, 2021
Content source: National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD), Division of Viral Diseases” https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html https://archive.ph/rrrP8
Also known as Endocarditis, Myocarditis, Pericarditis
Inflammation is your body’s response to infection or injury. It can affect many areas of the body and is a cause of many major diseases, including cancer, ischemic heart disease, and autoimmune diseases. Inflammation in the heart causes damage and can lead to serious health problems.
There are three main types of heart inflammation: endocarditis, myocarditis, and pericarditis. Endocarditis is inflammation of the inner lining of the heart’s chambers and valves. Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart muscle. Pericarditis is inflammation of the tissue that forms a sac around the heart. Many things cause heart inflammation. Common causes include viral or bacterial infections and medical conditions that damage the heart and cause inflammation.
You may have different signs and symptoms depending on the type and severity of the heart inflammation that you have. The treatment your doctor recommends may depend on whether you are diagnosed with inflammation of the lining of your heart or valves, the heart muscle, or the tissue surrounding the heart. You may be treated with medicine, procedures, or possibly surgery to treat your condition and its complications. Complications may include an arrhythmia, or irregular heartbeat, and heart failure. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/heart-inflammation