“Ku Klux Klan assembles short distance from U.S. Capitol With the American flag as their banner, the Klu [i.e. Ku] Klux Klan assembled in numbers 300 within two miles of the U.S. Capitol last night and received 50 candidates for membership in the mystic order. Photo shows the shrouded members in the background with the candidates kneeling in the foreground.”
Very close to this: https://miningawareness.wordpress.com/2019/02/21/us-coast-guard-member-looking-to-russia-with-hopeful-eyes-arrested-as-domestic-terrorist-compiled-hit-list-of-us-congressional-democrats-liberal-media-more/
“Publisher Of An Alabama Newspaper Calls For The KKK To ‘Clean Out’ Washington February 19, 2019 3:13 PM ET, by Sasha Ingber https://www.npr.org/2019/02/19/695903336/publisher-of-an-alabama-newspaper-calls-for-the-kkk-to-clean-out-washington
US Senator Doug Jones of Alabama tweeted:
“OMG! What rock did this guy crawl out from under? This editorial is absolutely disgusting & he should resign -NOW! I have seen what happens when we stand by while people-especially those with influence- publish racist, hateful views.Words matter. Actions matter. Resign now! (Doug Jones, 9:02 PM Feb. 18, 2019) https://twitter.com/DougJones/status/1097677804995518464
US Congresswoman Sewell of Alabama: “For the millions of people of color who have been terrorized by white supremacy, this kind of “editorializing” about lynching is not a joke – it is a threat. These comments are deeply offensive and inappropriate, especially in 2019. Mr. Sutton should apologize and resign.” Representative Terri Sewell, Feb. 19, 2019, 11:09 PM https://twitter.com/RepTerriSewell/status/1097709755114708992
Top Photo: “* Title: Ku Klux Klan assembles short distance from U.S. Capitol With the American flag as their banner, the Klu [i.e. Ku] Klux Klan assembled in numbers 300 within two miles of the U.S. Capitol last night and received 50 candidates for membership in the mystic order. Photo shows the shrouded members in the background with the candidates kneeling in the foreground.
* Creator(s): Underwood & Underwood, photographer
* Date Created/Published: [between ca. 1920 and ca. 1930]
* Medium: 1 photographic print. 1 photograph : gelatin silver print ; sheet 15 x 20 cm.
* Summary: Photograph shows shrouded members of the Klan in the background with the candidates kneeling before them, an American flag, and a cross with three bright lights; one Klansman holds an American flag.
* Reproduction Number: LC-DIG-ppmsca-40895 (digital file from original item) LC-USZ62-28020 (b&w film copy neg.)
* Rights Advisory: No known restrictions on publication.
* Call Number: SSF – Ku Klux Klan (1915-) [item] [P&P]”