"Russian Interference in the 2016 United States Election”, bank fraud, Conspiracy to Obstruct Justice, Cyprus, debt, FARA, fraud, fraudulent loans, Gates, Grenadines, Hapsburg group, Kilimnik, Manafort, Manafort bail, Manafort Gates superseding indictment, Manafort real estate, Manafort superseding indictment, Manafort Trump Tower, Money-laundering, Mueller, Mueller investigation, obstruction of justice, offshore, offshore accounts, Opposition Bloc, Party of Regions, Paul Manafort, Putin, Real Estate, Richard W. Gates III, Russia, seychelles, St. Vincent, taxes, Trump campaign, Trump Campaign manager, Trump Russia collusion, Trump Tower, Ukraine, unregistered foreign agent, USA, Yanukovych
“U.S. v. Paul J. Manafort, Jr. and Konstantin Kilimnik (1:17-cr-201, District of Columbia) A federal grand jury in the District of Columbia returned a third superseding indictment on June 8, 2018, against Paul J. Manafort, Jr., of Alexandria, Va., and Konstantin Kilimnik, of Moscow, Russia. Manafort is charged with conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and misleading FARA statements, and false statements. Manafort and Kilimnik are charged with conspiracy to obstruct justice and obstruction of justice.
Third Superseding Indictment” https://www.justice.gov/file/1070326/download
Excerpts from UNITED STATES OF AMERICA v. PAUL J. MANAFORT, JR., and KONSTANTIN KILIMNIK, Defendants Case 1:17-cr-00201-ABJ Document 318 Filed 06/08/18
At all times relevant to this Superseding Indictment:
1. Defendant PAUL J. MANAFORT, JR. (MANAFORT) served for years as a political consultant and lobbyist. Between at least 2006 and 2015, MANAFORT, through companies he ran, acted as an unregistered agent of a foreign government and foreign political parties. Specifically, he represented the Government of Ukraine, the President of Ukraine (Victor Yanukovych, who was President from 2010 to 2014), the Party of Regions (a Ukrainian political party led by Yanukovych), and the Opposition Bloc (a successor to the Party of Regions after Yanukovych fled to Russia in 2014).
2. MANAFORT generated tens of millions of dollars in income as a result of his Ukraine work. From approximately 2006 through 2017, MANAFORT, along with others including Richard W. Gates III (Gates), engaged in a scheme to hide the Ukraine income from United States authorities, while enjoying the use of the money….
As a third part of the lobbying scheme, in or about 2012, MANAFORT, with the assistance of Gates and KILIMNIK, on behalf of Yanukovych and the Party of Regions, secretly retained a group of former senior European politicians to take positions favorable to Ukraine, including by lobbying in the United States. The plan was for the former politicians, informally called the “Hapsburg group,” to appear to be providing their independent assessments of Government of Ukraine actions, when in fact they were paid lobbyists for Ukraine. In 2012 and 2013, MANAFORT used at least four offshore accounts to wire more than 2 million euros to pay the group of former politicians….
COUNT SIX (Obstruction Of Justice)
48. Paragraphs 1 through 36 are incorporated here.
49. From in or about and between February 23, 2018, and April 2018, both dates being approximate and inclusive, within the District of Columbia and elsewhere, the defendants PAUL J. MANAFORT, JR., and KONSTANTIN KILIMNIK knowingly and intentionally attempted to corruptly persuade another person, to wit: Persons D1 and D2, with intent to influence, delay, and prevent the testimony of any person in an official proceeding. (18 U.S.C. §§ 2, 1512(b)(1), and 3551 et seq.)
COUNT SEVEN (Conspiracy to Obstruct Justice)
50. Paragraphs 1 through 36 are incorporated here.
51. From in or about and between February 23, 2018, and April 2018, both dates being approximate and inclusive, within the District of Columbia and elsewhere, the defendants PAUL J. MANAFORT, JR., and KONSTANTIN KILIMNIK knowingly and intentionally conspired to corruptly persuade another person, to wit: Persons D1 and D2, with intent to influence, delay, and prevent the testimony of any person in an official proceeding, in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1512(b)(1)…“Case 1:17-cr-00201-ABJ Document 318 Filed 06/08/18 https://www.justice.gov/file/1070326/download
Pages 1 to 4 and pages 16 to 32
The entire indictment is found here in pdf form: https://www.justice.gov/file/1070326/download
NB: We only included around 20 or 21 pages because pictures are slow to load. As this indictment just came down we only glanced through it. As such, the emphasis added is almost certainly incomplete.